Global Leaders in SRIS and EWES
The Global Leaders in the Sustainable and Resilient Infrastructure Systems (SRIS) and Energy-Water-Environment Sustainability (EWES) programs provides background in global issues affecting CEE infrastructure systems and processes, and prepares students interested in professional practice or research in the international arena. Students in this program must complete the normal requirements of the SRIS or EWES programs, as well as the additional global requirements below.
- 7 credits of CEE 498 GLP and equivalent coursework that addresses SRIS or EWES through one or more international CEE-related project(s) involving at least one international trip. The coursework may involve an independent study project (CEE 597) and/ or a course project. The project must be supervised or approved by an SRIS or EWES faculty member.
One national trip, coordinated or approved by an SRIS or EWES faculty member, to compare their international experience with sustainability and resilience issues in the U.S.
B. Elective Courses: In addition to the elective course list for the SRIS or EWES program, students should consider courses that build understanding and skills in global issues and leadership in fulfilling the remaining required credit hours required for the M.S. or Ph.D. degree, such as the following.
- GLBL 480 Energy and Security
- NPRE 483 Seminar on Security (check topic for a particular semester before registering)
- UP 423 Intro International Planning
- UP 424 Cities & Plng in World Regions
- UP 521 International Planning Seminar
- ESES 481 Intl Environ Cooperation
- ESES 482 Challenges of Sustainability
- GE 462 Leading Sustainable Change
- BADM 584 Global Marketing
- FIN 551 - International Finance
- LER 566 - International HR Management