Areas of study*
- Construction Management
- Construction Materials
- Environmental Engineering & Science
- Environmental Hydrology & Hydraulic Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Railroad Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
* Interdisciplinary programs, such as sustainable infrastructure and information technology can be designed in consultation with the Director of Graduate Studies.
Course Sequences by Area
View the PDFs below to view 11-month course sequences for the following areas of specialization:
- Construction Management Sequence (PDF)
- Construction Materials Sequence (PDF)
- Environmental Engineering & Science Sequence (PDF)
- Environmental Hydrology & Hydraulic Engineering Sequence (PDF)
- Geotechnical Engineering Sequence (PDF)
- Structures Sequence (PDF)
- Transportation Sequence (PDF)
For 11-month course sequences for the following areas, please contact the individuals listed:
- Information Technology, Associate Professor Ximing Cai
- Railroad Engineering, Professor Christopher P.L. Barkan
Tuition and Fees for academic year 2009-2010
|9 month||11 month|
For more information, visit the Graduate Applications page. When applying, please write "one-year M.S." after your area of specialization.
International applicants who are admitted on Limited Status because of an English deficiency may not be able to complete the M.S. program in 11 months. International applicants must still meet the two year financial certification required by the Graduate College before an I-20 can be issued.
Students with a Research Assistantship will not be able to complete the M.S. program in 11 months. Students who need to take prerequisite classes may not be able to complete the M.S. in 11 months.